Note: this is an early beta submitted in time for the Tango Contest deadline. Please be aware of the bugs listed below.
Wanderlust lets you walk into paintings as if you're entering a parallel world hanging on the wall - and create worlds.
A) Walk into paintings:
1) Current demo painting - Tap to place "in front of you" Dominique Appia's "Entre les trous de la memoire"
2) "Walk into the painting" (literally)
3) Once you are "inside the painting" - rotate around to look around... or look at your feet for options to exit back to AR mode or to toggle between regular regular camera mode vs stereo camera-view
B) Draft the basic lines to your own virtual painting world! [currently full screen regular cam only]
1) Touch to set a point. A working plane appears - touch on the working plane to set a point on the line on the plane
2) Touch to set another point to create a line.
3) Align the working plane to your camera to change the plane angle to build on
(Many more features coming soon.)
Known bugs, due to Tango SDK:
- Stereo mode may have left eye turn black 90% of the time. [Waiting for support request from Google]
- Physics colliders currently turned off to help keep the device cool. (Current tablet overheats too quickly.)
Wanderlust for Project Tango is a free software application from the Components & Libraries subcategory, part of the Development category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2015-08-10. The program can be installed on Android.
Wanderlust for Project Tango (version 1.0) is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 2 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.